DHC Selective Distribution Network Criteria
Within the EEA and Switzerland DHC UK Limited, a private limited company registered in England (company number 05916949) having its registered office at Unit 4, Stadium Industrial Estate, Cradock Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0JF (“DHC”) operates a Selective Distribution System for the sale of DHC skincare and cosmetic products ("Products"). In order to purchase the Products from DHC, the entity purchasing the products for resale (the "Reseller") must comply with the following criteria.
- Each Reseller must be commonly known by the general public as at least one of the following: (1) spa, beauty parlour, fitness centre, hotel, hair salon, thalassotherapy centre, pharmacy, or para-pharmacy; (2) hygiene product store specialising in the health and beauty category; (3) perfumerie or luxury beauty store; or (4) a high-end, luxury or upmarket department store.
- Each Reseller must carry a selection of premium skincare brands, and may also offer a broad selection of skincare brands, colour cosmetics and beauty accessories.
- Each Reseller shall maintain at least one physical point of sale store which is open during standard business hours to ensure that customers can obtain advice and information about the products from a professional beauty advisor.
- Each of Reseller’s outlets must have a professional beauty advisor during all opening hours. These advisors shall be trained to provide advice to customers about a wide range of skincare issues. Training will be provided to the advisor on a regular basis so that they are aware of current beauty trends, have detailed knowledge about the brands carried in the store to be able to answer customer questions accurately and on the spot about brands, product usage and ingredients. Advisors should be able to ask the customers questions and recommend the appropriate products to meet the customer’s needs. Advisors shall be trained on permissible product claims so that the products are not misrepresented to customers.
- Each Reseller shall provide for all online sales post purchase advice by phone, chat or email by a professional beauty advisor about the beauty products.
- Each of Reseller’s retail stores must have high-end or above average fixtures and provide for a pleasant shopping experience and must be maintained in a clean, neat and orderly fashion.
- Since the DHC brand will be associated with Reseller in the customers mind, the Reseller’s customer service must be best in class.
- Reseller must train staff and provide a level of customer service that results in consistently good customer reviews.
- Online sales shall only be conducted through websites that are obviously apparent to the customer under the same trade mark and branding as Reseller (or a clear, actual and substantial affiliation) and provide the same level of shopping experience. The website must clearly display the main business address, together with an email address and a customer service telephone number with hours of operation. The website must be able to provide the same level of advice as the customer could obtain in-store. The website must be professionally created and maintained with high quality graphic design, usability and navigation features.
- Reseller must not advertise, promote, discount, display and/or sell the Products in a way which (1) is deemed incompatible with, or materially devalues the DHC brand, Trade Marks or reputation; or (2) undermines the integrity, value or perceived quality of the Products.