UPDATED 9 January 2019
1. Who We Are
Registered office: Unit 4 Stadium Estate, Cradock Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0JF.
Phone: 08000 23 24 25
Site hosted by Amazon Web Services, 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210 U.S.A.
2. The Data We Collect About You
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed such as anonymous data.
DHC may collect, use, store, transfer and process the following categories of data:
- Identity data such as names, martial status, title, date of birth and gender
- Contact data such as billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial data such as credit card information
- Transaction and customer profile data including order numbers, history of your purchases, requests or communications with DHC Customer Care, your preferences and interests, information about your participation in any of our loyalty programs or other promotions
- Performance and usage data that tells us how you are using the Site
- Technical data, such as your IP address and/or navigation information about your device and tracking your visit to the Site such as pages visited, length on page and page abandons
- Marketing and communications data such as your preferences in receiving marketing messages from us and third parties and your communication preferences
3. Collection of Personal Data
Personal data is collected through different methods, including:
- Through direct interactions with you. We collect personal data when you provide your identity, contact and financial data in order to complete a transaction with us, register for an account on the Site, sign up for email communications or request other market materials from us, enter a sweepstakes or giveaway, provide us with feedback and/or submit reviews or user generated content to the Site.
- Through third parties or publicly available sources. We may also receive data about you from third party service providers and/or public sources such as analytics providers like Google Analytics and advertising networks like Rakuten Marketing.
4. Why we Process Data and Legal Basis
DHC processes the data for the following purposes:
- To process and fulfill your order and send you emails regarding the status of your order. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract with you.
- To communicate with you and send you information about promotions, offers, products, contest and the latest trends in skincare and beauty. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract with you and/or your express consent. Please note that you may opt out of receiving these types of communications at any time.
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences and deliver relevant content and measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you. The legal basis for this processing is the necessity for our legitimate business purposes in order to study how our customers use the Site and our products and to further develop and grow our business and inform our marketing strategies.
- To enhance your shopping experience. The legal basis for this processing is the necessity for our legitimate business purposes and/or your express consent.
- To help analyze trends, demographics and statistics. The legal basis for this processing is the necessity for our legitimate business purposes in order to study how our customers use the Site and or products and to further develop and grow our business and inform our marketing strategies.
- To contact you, if necessary, regarding your transaction, your business with DHC and/or use of the Site. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract with you and to fulfill other obligations that we have towards you.
- To facilitate social sharing. The legal basis for this processing is the necessity to fulfill our obligations to complete the social sharing at your request and with your express consent.
DHC may also combine your personal data with other information or information from other sources to enhance our marketing programs, better serve our customers and analyze and evaluate marketing initiatives. This processing is done as necessary for our legitimate business purposes or the legitimate business purposes of our third party vendors.
5. With Whom Do We Share Data
6. Transfer of Data
The data we collect from you is transferred to our web hosting company in the United States and to our affiliate company in the United States. DHC is an international group that operates in many countries. The personal data we are collecting about you is likely to be communicated to other DHC companies if necessary and in particular, our affiliate company in the United States and our parent company in Japan.
We may also share your data with third party service providers that we have carefully selected to perform various tasks for us such as credit card processing, website hosting, website analytics and analysis, marketing consulting, management of digital campaigns and emails, providing product reviews, and site search services. We authorize these third parties to use the data only to the extent necessary to perform the services on behalf of our company, to comply with legal requirements, or fulfill the obligations and purposes under those agreements.
These third parties and affiliates may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for which the European Commission has not issued a decision that these countries would ensure an adequate level of data protection. To ensure adequacy of data protection we have concluded data transfer and processing agreements and/or data processing amendments, including Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission in compliance with EU law requirements.
7. Security of Data
We work to protect the security of data during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software which encrypts the information you input. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing using SSL encryption software. All credit card processing is PCI compliant.
We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign out when you finish using a shared computer. Please keep in mind that no security safeguards or standards are guaranteed to provide 100% security. You should always use appropriate self-protection measures and practice safe browsing on all websites.
Data is stored only for so long as needed to process your transaction, maintain our business relationship and otherwise to fulfill the purposes for which it is being processed and in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
This Site is not intended for minors. DHC does not knowingly collect or process personal data relating to minors. In the event that we are aware of the collection of personal data of minors without the prior authorization of the parent or guardian, we will take the appropriate measures to remove this personal data from our servers.
10. Your Privacy Rights and Withdrawal of Consent
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you and ask to have it rectified or erased or withdraw your consent for DHC to process your data at any time. You may also contact us to exercise additional statutory rights such as data portability and objection or restriction of processing. You can unsubscribe at any time from our mailing lists by contacting us at the address below or by following the link "Unsubscribe" contained in each of our emails. You can also change your preferences at any time by logging in to your online account.
To submit any type of request with respect to your data, please contact us at:
- DHC UK Ltd
Unit 4, Stadium Industrial Estate
- Luton, Bedfordshire
Tel: +44 08000 23 24 25
We will inform you of the measures taken as a result of your request as soon as possible and in any case within one month of receipt of your request. However, we reserve the right to refrain from addressing manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
11. Right to Lodge a Complaint
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you can also file a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority or seek judicial review if your data is used improperly. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the authorities so please contact us first if you have any issues or concerns.
© 2019 DHC UK Ltd. All Rights Reserved